Friday, August 18, 2017

Comeback Party #4 - the release is here, so is Francine!

Good mooorning!

First of all:


We're so super excited the day has finally come - the new release is now available in the store! Hooray!
Many of you have been waiting and orders are already rolling in. the stamps seem to be flying off the shelves - you're the best!

Check out the full release in our store 

Sooo, of course we have some more inspiration by the DT for you:

Marina used a fantastic combo of In Bloom and Where your heart is / Wo Dein Herz ist to create this sweet card that calls for a camping trip! I really love her floral background!



Anja also used Where your heart is / Wo Dein Herz ist and combined it with Cart full of treasures / Wagen voller Schätze. The koala meeting the mouse is just way too cute!


Nicole has two more floral cards for us, both have a soft and light feeling !
On her first card she osed flowers from In Bloom  for a lovely watercolor-card with some lose color-bleeding - what a fantastic effect!




On her second card she used the flowers from Cart full of treasures / Wagen voller Schätze  in such a unique way! Instead of adding it to the cart she created a frame with our Magical frame to make the flowers pop. So clever!




And now I would like to welcome a former video team member back as a guest.
Please say hello to one of my favorite crafters on the entire planet:



Francine is not only a crazy talented colorista, but she has the ability to keep things simple while adding details and never being boring. She has a super unique style and always thinks outside the box (You'll see what I am talking about in a minute...)
You just HAVE TO check out her blog and swoon about all her projects: 

So let's see what Francine has for us:

________________

Hi everyone! Francine here! I’m thrilled to join the Create A Smile comeback celebration! 

For this event, I created two cards using stamps from the newest release! On both cards, I went for a clean and simple design to make the images pop. Here is what I came up with: 


For the first project, I used the Licht ins Dunkel / Light up the dark and the Licht an! / Lights on! sets. I started by coloring the mole and the lantern (of course, in rainbow colors… I couldn’t resist) and cut out the image with scissors. I added a layer of Wink of Stella clear glitter to the lantern for more shimmer but unfortunately, you can’t see it on the picture. It’s beautiful! Next, I created a teal background using the ink smooshing technique. I chose Peacock Feather and Cracked Pistachio Distress inks that I applied directly from the pads to a sheet of acetate, sprayed the sheet with water and pressed the ink (side down) onto cardstock. Once it was dry, I stamped the sentiment to the "smooshed" background and I adhered the mole with foam pads for more dimension. To finish off my card, I added some Create A Smile enamel dots (I LOVE them because they are not too big).




For the second card, I also used the Licht an! / Lights on!  as well as the Licht ins Dunkel / Light up the dark stamp sets. I colored the lantern and cut the image with scissors. I added googly eyes and drew a mouth to create a character. I stamped the sentiment in black ink and cut a speech bubble around. Next, I spritzed the background in black to make the yellowish-orange lantern stand out from the "dark". It matches perfectly with the sentiment. I adhered the lantern and the sentiment to the card front with foam pads and added twine for more interest. I decorated the card with some Create A Smile enamel dots. 

I hope you enjoyed these projects! Thanks to Christine for letting me join the party and welcome back!  

Francine 

_________________

W.O.W.Z.E.R.S! See what I mean? Not only is her coloring outstanding as always but her designs.... woah! Addong googly eyes to the lantern - she cracks me up! and that black mist! Black mist without making it look sad? Can I please have some of those skills? For my birthday? Thank you!

Francine you ROCK and I am so glad you came back as our guest. Big hugs and kisses to you!



If YOU agree that francine did an amazing job - let her know and leave her some love!

Thanks for celebrating with us!



We still have a challenge going on over at instagram



AND 

you could get this mini set for FREE with an order over 60€ placed August 18th - August 20th!



Have a wonderful day and don't forget to treat yourself!




















1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your birthday today Christine.
    Hope you had a nice day.
    Some wonderfull cards again today.

    ReplyDelete