Samantha here and today, sharing a graduation card for a dear friend who is graduating high school this week!
Let's create this card together!
- to start, grab the colors you want to use for your background! I used Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to make this background, believe it or not! I grabbed, pinks, yellows, teals and purples! Not to mention grays, too!
- using a piece of white cardstock and a piece of old plastic packaging (from an old set of stickers, works perfectly!), scribble the waterbased marker liberally onto the packaging, then spritz with a light amount of water
- flip the packaging over onto the white carstock - do this with all of your NON black/grey inks
- allow lots of time to dry between layers.
***NOTE: this will look BAD at first, but don't worry - it will end up looking galaxy-ish soon enough!
- once the last layer is dry, start adding the blacks/greys.
- once that layer is dry, splatter on some white acrylic paint and let dry
- once THAT layer is dry, heat emboss your sentiment!
****Tip: to make the 'dreams' work stand out, I added glitter and then covered it with a layer of glossy accents
This is SUPER messy!! Ha, but I LOVE making messy cards! You could create a similar galaxy background using Distress Inks and your ink blending tool, too!
I used a combination of the Crystal Letters Upper and the Make a Wish stamp sets! LOVE combining different fonts for sayings!