Thursday, September 1, 2016

take a swim


Hello there, Nicole here.

When I created this card, it was super hot outside and all I wanted was to take a swim :-)



I'm not very used to crafting with background stamps but I really love what Christine created and I wanted to get more comfy with those kind of stamps :-) 

Since it was so hot outside I went for a fresh water background and used one of my favorite critters to take a swim.

  • stamp the background with clear (or white) embossing powder on watercolor paper
  • use the ink smooshing technique to apply color with Distress Inks (if you do not know that technique, just go to youtube and you'll find many cardmakers and their videos)
  • stamp and color the turtle (I used watercolor pencils)
  • add (a lot) of Glossy Accents on the heart
  • heat emboss the sentiment with white embossing powder on black paper
  • die cut the background and assemble the card
  • add dots of Glossy Accents on the background 


Remember that Glossy Accents on top of your coloring sometimes acts like water. If you color the turtle with watercolor or Zigs, it's possible that the color changes after you add Glossy Accents. I used watercolor pencils for coloring, because the colors get more vibrant by adding water or Glossy Accents.


Lovely Critters / Sophisticated Shells / Aus dem Hut gezaubert / Double Stitched Rectangle


Do you have ideas for new stamp sets, questions about card making, techniques or products? Would you like to share your creations with Create A Smile fans? Be a part of Create A Smile - Friends & Family  and join us on Facebook :-)

Have a refreshing day!
Thanks for stopping by :-)



2 comments: