Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Gifting things

Hello!

Todays card is a gift card card, perfect for maybe a day at the zoo?






My inspiration behind this card was a swedish artist called Bokkei, I've been following her for years and she was the one that got me into playing with markers and later coloured pencils. The latest project she been working on was pencils on grey cardstock and I knew I just needed to try making a card the same way.



This card is pretty simple to make, but here is a video showing how I put it together.





To figure out how I wanted to colour the turtle I googled turtles and then picked the one with the coolest patterning. Reference images can be really handy both for refreshing your mind how somethings look like, or give you ideas on colour schemes.



1 comment: