Sunday, December 20, 2015

A Bunch of Hearts

Hey everyone! Did you catch the new release? If you didn't, I'm here to share with you a card I've made using one of the sets. Also, if you didn't know, the first kit that was released, Sending Sunshine, is still available! I'm gonna use one of the items in the kit for this card. So if you didn't get a chance to get it the first time round, head over to the store :) 





This card is where I mixed it the old and the new. Hopefully, this will inspire you to take a look at your older products and see how you can mix it with your new stuff.

When you look at the card, it's fairly obvious how I did it but I hope you'll still read on as I'll add in some tips along the way. 

I started off by colouring in the hearts with copics. Obviously, I'm not an expert on copics but I did find that to get a nice blended look, I, sometimes, touched the tip of the markers so that I could achieve the middle colour. Hope you get what I mean. 

Here's what I used an "older" product. I wanted something to attract the sentiment. I looked through my stash and realised that I have not used this chipboard from the Sending Sunshine kit. In the middle of the chipboard, there's a word sunshine but I cut it out so that I could use the "messy" circle. 

To add the gold (that I love), I die-cut the word using the Kleine Worte die using a strong metallic gold paper. I'm so obsessed with this paper. I got it from a local store (no brand was written on it). Added the rest of the message and dots of gold stickles and that was it! 




Create A Smile - Sending Sunshine kit
Create A Smile Dies - Kleine Worte
Create A Smile Stamps - Color Your Heart Out
Create A Smile Stamps - Ein Riesiges Danke
Ranger Gold Stickles
Copic Markers



Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


1 comment: