Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Surprise!

Hello Crafters!


It's Kelly here and I'm sharing a sweet little elephant card with you today. 


I've had these gorgeous pattern papers from the Sending Sunshine kit since May and I haven't used a single sheet of it. I really wanted to put something together that show cased these gorgeous colors.

I thought it would be super cute to line up the pattern in all the wood grain papers in different layers.
To do this I just lined the cardstock up so that the pattern was facing the same direction. I cut them to the same size so when I laid them on top of each other they were identical. I used two sizes of circles to create a window for my sweet elephant to pop out of. I used the pink paper to trace the circle on to my cardbase. I lined my elephant up with the circle and stamped in copic friendly black ink.


I colored the elephant with copic markers and outlined him with a copic multiliner. I stamped and colored a second set of feet and fussy cut them out. I adhered the teal piece flat to my gray panel. I added the gray panel to the pink panel with dimensional adhesive. I also added my second set of feet with dimensional adhesive.

The enamel accents I used somehow changed color through the magic of photography. :) The "orange" is actually a spot on match for the paper and the blue is really a dark teal. Not sure what happened there!



 Try playing around with the patterns in your paper. You can get a fun look from using the same pattern in multiple shades.




Do you follow us on Facebook?  It's the best way to keep up with all the news! Speaking of news did you see we are now carrying Pretty Pink Posh Sequins in the store?!
Ahhh. I put them on everything :)

Thanks for visiting!



Poppin Over 
Sending Sunshine 




4 comments:

  1. So so cute love the wood grain

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so darling, Kelly! And I'm pinning it because, you know, I have a BUNCH of patterned paper with the same pattern in lots of different colors. Thank you for a wonderful design idea for using it!! And, of course, I need the stamp set to make it complete!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just adorable, Kelly. Love how you used different colors of the same pattern- clever girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that guy...such a fun card Kelly!

    ReplyDelete