Saturday, February 7, 2015

A Penguin and a Rainbow

Hi stampers, Anni here! I am in love with Distress Inks, but who isn't? Today's card is all about creating a watercolor rainbow with Distress Inks.





I am a guest designer over at Challenge Up Your Life today and the theme of the challenge is Rainbow! I instantly knew that I wanted to use Distress inks to create the rainbow!




  • Stamp and emboss the sentiment on watercolor paper. 
  • Choose your colors! I used Mowed Lawn, Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry, Faded Jeans and Peacock Feathers for my card!
  • Rub the ink onto the paper with a blending tool! 
  • Spray it with water and let the inks and the water do the work!
  • Stamp, color and fuzzy cut the penguin!
  • Assemble the card!

  • Choose a image that can be colored in black and white! The rainbow background is colorful enough on its own! 
  • Black for the cardbase makes the colors pop!
  • Distress Inks blend perfectly! Look at the card: I used no orange or violett but there they are!
  • The card is done but it doesn't look finished? Faux stitched lines are an easy to do finishing element!


   



Release coutndown starts on Monday and there are fabulous stamp sets ahead! Look at this amazing sneak peek!


3 comments:

  1. super cute..
    love the sneak peeks too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Distress inks are the best! I love your card, the colors are amazing and that penguin is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super duper cute! I love those bright colours!!!

    ReplyDelete