Friday, November 7, 2014

Chameleon Hi

Hi there!

I'm here with a fun card that I made in mere minutes--it would be great to use as a card you need to make multiples of, or just as a one-off, that you might need at the last minute










I was looking at the stamp set Jungle Fever, and wanted to do something with the chameleon.

I decided to use him in the "standard" camouflage way, but with a nicer meaning to the idea of being camouflaged.

I thought about how sometimes we can all feel a bit lost or like people rush past us in life, not really noticing us or maybe our struggles or even, how hard we try. I wanted this card to go to a friend who NEVER just walks past me. She always notices when I'm having a rough day, or if I've really put a lot of effort in.

SO the inside of this card (although I'm sorry it's not pictured--I'd written some words to my friend before I realised I hadn't photographed it), says "Thank you for seeing me".    Because that's what she does. She ALWAYS sees me. Even though sometimes I might feel like I'm blending into the background



I stamped the chameleon onto some orange Basic Grey Paper (from the Grand Bazaar paper pad), fussy cut him out.  I cut out a piece of the same patterned paper for my card front, and then lined him up carefully, with the pattern, to make sure he'd sit in the exact right spot.  I adhered him with some dimensional adhesive, so the card wasn't totally flat.  Little things like that, can bring just enough extra attention to an otherwise very simple card.

I added some teal/aqua cardstock from Simon Says Stamp--following Christine's advice from several months ago, that aqua and orange go so well together (she's right).

Then I mounted it on my cardbase and added a "hi" using Lawn Fawn stickers from their Bright Side Collection.

For a final touch, I added some clear Wink Of Stella glitter pen, to make the chameleon stand out, but only if you tilt the card into the light.

hard to see in a photo, but the glimmer is there :)






Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Pen
Black MFT Hybrid Ink
Grand Bazzaar paper pad
Simon Says Stamp Tiffany Blue Cardstock


thank you for stopping by today!! See you next week for release! 

Linda






1 comment:

  1. I love the idea behind your card and the way you represented it. I also have a friend who "sees" me every time. She is amazingly supportive and always knows when I'm having a tough time. She also loves to celebrate the good times with me. This is such a great card for that special someone.

    ReplyDelete